(Windows Media Player must be installed)
Live Bloomberg TV Stream
- First time? Join MyBlogLog and the RSS feed -

Thursday, April 17, 2008

s&p strike..



NASDAQ first, market was in a downtrend since 7 or so in the morning.. thought it might break that when things looked bullish from undersold but quickly touched the trend line and starting to fall.. I covered very quickly on first hesitation. Usually that hesitation either gets me out of the move early or gets me out with a minor loss and the market goes on in my favor.

Then traded S&P, market looked to have a bit of mo mo falling from the trend it touched on NASDAQ and made a minor double top as well.. waited until I thought the move was actually going down and then entered... took a tiny bit of heat and the market fell in my direction. I stayed in as long as I could but after the big move down and the retirement on the last bar I felt that it might retrace back and I exited early. As you can see I would've ripped a few more dollars had I stayed in.

Now, one thing missing from the picture today are stops.. and yes I didn't use any. I have been feeling the stop-burn alto lately and they have almost always.. 90% of the time kicked me out of the moves. About 20% of the time I thanked the stops but the rest of the time I have hated myself for using it. Some say that even warren buffet uses stops but does he trade futures. It's wrong of me to preach this but I do have a platform stop-loss in place, once that amount is hit I will be kicked outta the move and go back to stops I think.

I will also be using 1 contract from now on, tried to increase my size but that only decreased my profits. I want to completely learn to make money with one contract before I jump onto another one.

0 comments:

Day Trade Emini
http://aycu07.webshots.com/image/34446/2000026989248385335_rs.jpg