(Windows Media Player must be installed)
Live Bloomberg TV Stream
- First time? Join MyBlogLog and the RSS feed -

Monday, November 26, 2007

Dangerous? Indeed.

Monday November 26Th, 2007

I hope everyone is doing well and ripping money off of wall street but I am not doing too well. Actually I am because zero is better then anything negative. No trades today because I couldn't trade in the morning and turned on my PC around 1:00 PM est and saw a great charting indicator in the making.


As you can see above, I expected a double bottom and then a move up and since there were no news effecting the market this decline was very unexpected. Although, as I looked at the charts and thought about how I would've been trading had I been someone new to the trading game.. I realized that today would've been one of those days where the newbies make money.

The reason I didn't trade was because my trading method didn't give out any signals for me to enter except one around 14:55 to enter for a short but since there were only five minutes left I stayed away and it fell down for another $150+ move with one contract. Also, the move down was not triggered by any major news or any economic report so I didn't expect it to last but being wrong in the market is very healthy at times. ;)

Again, today has been tempting yet intimidating!

==================
"Dow -173.45 at 12813.10, NASDAQ -43.83 at 1415.53, S&P -25.63 at 2551.22

Equities extend their late-day sell-off as the major indices hit fresh session lows. No particular news item triggered the selling and bonds continue to rally in a flight to quality. The S&P 500 is now trading slightly below the unchanged mark for the year.
The latest selling pressure has been widespread, but once again the financial sector (-3.5%) is leading the way, giving up all of its advance on Friday and then some. Financials are the worst performing sector year-to-date, with consumer discretionary coming in second.
Tomorrow, the Conference Board will release the November Consumer Confidence reading at 10:00 ET. Economists expect the number to come in at 91.5"

0 comments:

Day Trade Emini
http://aycu07.webshots.com/image/34446/2000026989248385335_rs.jpg